Sandisk - My Experiences...
I recently got very pissed off with Sandisk. Why? Let me explain...
A few months ago I had a Fujifilm 256MB SD card decide to act up and corrupt stuff, not write, and generally malfunction. It was about 4 months out of it's warranty.
Next, couple of months later, a Sandisk 512MB usb pen drive I had decided to malfunction too. The device would be detected, but the actual disk drive part would never show up. I tried it on several machines running Windows and Linux, all giving the same results. The bad part here was it was just under 2 months out of it's warranty.
So being quite annoyed at all this I ripped both apart. The pic is below of what I found. Both have Sandisk chips in them.
Needless to say, I now use Kingston memory for SD cards and USB pen drives. They appear to work well and some of their devices even come with a 5 year warranty. Can't be bad ;)
A few months ago I had a Fujifilm 256MB SD card decide to act up and corrupt stuff, not write, and generally malfunction. It was about 4 months out of it's warranty.
Next, couple of months later, a Sandisk 512MB usb pen drive I had decided to malfunction too. The device would be detected, but the actual disk drive part would never show up. I tried it on several machines running Windows and Linux, all giving the same results. The bad part here was it was just under 2 months out of it's warranty.
So being quite annoyed at all this I ripped both apart. The pic is below of what I found. Both have Sandisk chips in them.
Needless to say, I now use Kingston memory for SD cards and USB pen drives. They appear to work well and some of their devices even come with a 5 year warranty. Can't be bad ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home